Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Equipment breakdowns

I was out for a midnight stroll wearing my AFOs and swing thru crutching down my quiet side street when my right crutch tip found its way into a drainage grate.  The plastic cuff on my forearm crutch gave way sending me toplling over onto the side of the road.  Thank god no one was looking out their window to see me and get close enough to offer help and identify me.  I quickly grabbed my broken crutch and single crutch hobbled back down the street.
Feeling unsatisfied I pulled my cheesy hospital style wheelchair out of the bedroom closet and rolled myself down the hall.  I pulled up to my desk and rolled up a fat joint.  I carefully wheel myself out the door making sure none of the neighbors can are watching and out to the street.  I proceed down the street and stop at the pond in the culdesac to enjoy my doobie snacks.  Feeling much better and having figured out a way to repair my busted crutch I head home.
About 100 feet from my door i hit a chunk of loose asphalt, dismounting a rear tire and myself from the chair.  I again scurry to avoid being spotted and decide to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment